Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We...

I'm human. I make mistakes. This crazy life of ours does not come with an instruction manual. What the shit?! So I just gotta stumble through not having answers as to what to do with it. I gotta figure it out on my own. I repeat, what the shit?! Couldn't it have at least come with some frakkin Cliff Notes?!

We scrape
We crawl
We climb
We fail
We hurt
We cause hurt
We dream
We bleed
We laugh
We fail again
We rise
We offend
We play
We love
We cry
We are flawed
We learn
We grow
We fail yet again
We judge
We label
We blame
We have blame placed
We are misread
We misread
We question
We believe...

All of these things have one fundamental thing in common.......We.

And not a single one of us gets out alive, so I will choose to live my life out loud and raw. I make that choice every day. For those of you who read my blog post, I am thankful. Thing is, I would write it regardless, because someday, my kids will read it. How my days were while they were growing up. Thoughts and feelings and experiences that happened during a time in their lives when they were too young to understand.

I'm gonna go home now, crawl into bed and try to let go of the ugly of today. I will then at some point open my eyes and do some or all of the above things again. Wanna know a secret?  So will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment