Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rock the Block....

Last October Mel and I went to Chicago for Rock the Block 2. (as noted in the post What Two Fights in Twenty Years Taught Me) Our girls Tracy and Dawn L flew in to join in the festivities and it was the first time I got to squeeze them in person. It was also the first time I got to squeeze our friend Tara. These girls are now a part of my world and I LOVE them fiercely.

I had a chance to connect with some amazing people that night! I got my "wings" so to speak and was enfolded into the amazing group known affectionately as The Supanesters. We had an AMAZING night on the dance floor. Killin it on the tables was...yup... our beloved DJ Cheapshot!  That was the night the guys all flew out to Donnie who was working on Season 1 of Blue Bloods. Season 2 has already begun shooting (CRAZY! I'm so excited and Proud!) and they're still on tour. How's he managing all that? The way only *that* man can. I have one word for him....Amazing. They  had a "meeting" so they couldn't be there but, we streamed live. Pretty sure the fellas were with us. Well one for sure anyway. ;)

This event was put in place to raise money for Susan G. Komen. This year there are 2 additional Rock the Block dates and cities added. Miami, LA and ChiTown. I believe the Susan G. Komen event will be in Miami. The other two charities have yet to be determined. Although I just suggested the PKD Foundation for Chicago's event. The search for living donors is never ending. This disease does not have a cure. They could use the recognition and the funding.

Mel and I won't be in Miami for this event. Mel hates Miami. And we most likely won't make it to L.A. either. Mel doesn't like L.A.. lol Although it has been decided that she hates Miami even more than L.A. which bodes well for me since I need to get my ass out there and into a class or two. Particularly Chuck Maldonado's class. Perhaps raid his pool while there as well. Yes, we were invited...as far as you and the police know....*side eye* ;P of course I would much rather raid someone elses pool. *raising eyebrow* I promise to get rid of those atrocious blue curtains in the kitchen. :)

Here are some of my favorite pics from that night....Enjoy! And if you're on Twitter, go to RocktheBlock3 and suggest PKD Foundation for a charity. My kidneys thank you. :)


Me and Tracy aka @TwistedMacSista


Me and Dawn L aka @Dashabbfan



@Mandacrow (Manda) @OUBad (Mel) @Dashabbfan (Dawn L),  Me, @SweaterMonkeyGal (Tara)


Me and Mel tandem tweeting. lol


Me and @Kdubtheblock I squeezed the shit outta him. Just ask him. P.s.- I want your hats. lol


SUPANESTERS!!!!


And we danced, and we danced, and we danced......and we're STILL dancin. :)


See you in Chicago for Rock the Block 3!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The last photo closely resembles a dance move I distinctly remember from the ocean at HMC...

    ReplyDelete