Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Will Fall for A Boy...

I have a wedding to go to next month. My friend Sherri is getting married and It's kind of a big deal. lol Mel and I will be each other's dates, which she says, " I could do worse."

I have absolutely no clue what the hell I'm gonna wear to this thing. None. I'm sure I'll find something eventually. Not too worried. I'm excited to be able to share in their joy! She has struggled in relationships and she gives me hope that it's possible to find that perfect someone. I don't mean perfect in the actual definition. It doesn't exist. I just mean more of a perfect fit. To watch them together, is a beautiful thing. Sherri keeps telling me and Mel, " I don't care what you wear, just be ready to dance!" Like you have to ask *me* twice.

Mel and I were in Kansas City over the weekend, for my last NKOTB show this tour. Mel, will be going on to Columbus and Indy without me. Aside from the various Shenanigans, we also hit a dance floor after the concert. Our favorite DJ, Cheapshot, was playing down the street from the venue at Luna. We love him , because he knows his shit. Of course mixing in NKOTB tracks into his set, just makes us love him more.

He didn't disappoint.  When we first got there, we stopped at the bar to get a drink. I ordered my usual... Coke. lol As I was ordering my Coke, this chick standing next to me said I was gorgeous and that I looked liked Halle Berry. Then she said, "I don't mean you're gorgeous cuz you look like her. You're gorgeous because your gorgeous, but you're Halle Berry gorgeous." Ummm....thanks! Mel said later that the chick was totally hitting on me. I was oblvious. *shrug* I had downed my Coke by the time I got to the floor.  For a good hour, we were on that floor dancing our asses off.

At one point, there were these two guys in suits to the left of me, drinking and "dancing". One of them says to me-interrupting my flow *raising eyebrow*lol- "MAN! You've got some killer MOVES." I stop dancing, look at him and with two thumbs up I say, " Thanks!" Then I resume dancing, counting down in my head back from 5 to the inevitable moment when said dude tries to "dance" with me. Noticing the smirk on Mel's face that said, "Oh silly boys, you are SO not gettin her. Dumb, dumb, dumb." We exchange a look and without saying a word, and while we were still dancing, I slide to my right and she sails to the left, putting distance between me and the Wonder Twins, and putting her back to them. I look up, and they look over like "WTF just happend? Where'd she go?"

Not long after that, Mel got thirsty, my hunger won out, AND I lost my space on the floor because the crowd had thickened. I don't do "bobblehead dancing" and I won't throw elbows. If I lose my space, I'm done. So we left to find food, and as were laughing over what had happened, Mel says, "Those boys had no idea what was about to happen. Here's what happened boys, her own personal body guard. Her own"Earl" that's what happened."

I don't go to clubs usually. I don't drink, so the only reason I go is to dance. I just want the floor, I'm not looking to 'hook up'. EVER. I'm not built that way. I'm a one man kinda girl and my standards are set ridiculously high now. I won't settle for anything less than the best ever again. I really don't need much. He doesn't need to be rich. Stable employment is a must though. I've had enough of someone only caring about money. His philosophy other than being a know-it-all, was "The newer the better." SMH All about the cars, that one was, or is, rather.

He's been in the car business most of his life, so it stands to reason. The fact that he was successful did attract me to him. I learned my lesson in a very hard way. *heavy sigh* I paid a hefty price that had nothing to do with money.

I have *always*  known what I want. Ahhh....now comes the tricky part....of not being left wanting, but rather being wanted just as much in return.

I won't fall for a boy who wants  the whole world.....but....

http://pinterest.com/pin/46275001/

AND.....he has to know how to dance. Sorry fellas, I will not budge on that one. The boy has to have rhythm and stamina if he's gonna be able to keep up with me. #justsayin ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment