Friday, July 22, 2011

Loving. Honest. Real...

A few weeks ago I challenged myself to post a blog every day for 365, maybe beyond. I placed this on myself not only so I can get back into the habit of writing everyday but also to get my thoughts and feelings down on paper in case there ever comes a day when it's too late. There are moments when I wished I had something like this to read about my own Mother before she died.

The further time gets away from me , the further the memory. It sucks. Although I can't smell a jar of original scent Oil of Olay without thinking of her, and remembering how it felt to hug her and hold her. I'm hoping in some small way these daily posts will be a permanent reminder to my kids, should the time come for me to leave this earth, or my mind fails me, or...

It was a good day of training at work. I think other than a few technical things about the Bday parties, I'm pretty much good to go. Summertime isn't typically a very busy time for this place. Most kids are outside running around, but lately the ridiculous heat has brought them inside. We get a few day cares and summer day camp kids in and once school starts again next month we'll switch gears and we'll get more elementary kids and school fundraising.

We're trying to build interest in having a Special Needs Night where we close the place to the general public and those with special needs can have time to enjoy themselves and have fun with less worry. I've already talked to my boss about having a Pink Night once a month for Susan G. Komen. So Moms with kids can have a desigated time for their kids to come in and jump and play and 20% of all purchases from a designated block of time will go to Susan G. Komen. She thought it was a great idea! Gonna reach out to the local PKD chapter, of which I'm a member of, and see if they want to do a similar thing. Kids come in to PLAY and the money goes to a great charity. Win! We shall see what happens.

I took a break from Twitter today. Probably won't be around much for the next few days. We'll see. I'll post in here daily but that might be it. I've been lurking though. Saw that Boyz II Men shared the stage a little tonight with NKOTBSB in Orlando. What FUN! That woulda been an AMAZING moment to witness live. So COOL for the guys. :)

Mel has hit the road tonight to finish *her* leg of this tour. She will be at the Columbus and Indy shows. It's weird not to be there with her. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited she gets to go!!! I'm not a jealous person, so it's not that. Just a little sad is all. We're siamese twins joined at the heart, and usually together in the pursuit of Shenanigans. She's got "Traveling Danny" though and heaven only knows what kind of mishief  "Traveling Danny" can cause. lol

I'm now going to tuck Rabbit into bed, wash away the remains of the day off of my face, put my pj's on, crawl into bed and watch Why Did I Get Married Too. I watched the first one last week, and there were way too many scenarios that resembled a piece of my life I never care to relive, but sadly can never escape from, since our children will forever tie him to me. Moving on...

My girls said I really need to see the second one so, tonight is a good night to do just that. I'll be around, lurking. Like I always tell people......here if you want me, gone if you don't.

Every night I post the same phrase as my last tweet of the night. I'll post it in here tonight instead, and expound a little for those who wonder why I say it. It's a reminder to me, so that when I wake up....if I actually sleep...I have a positive tweet in my timeline to start my day. If others take something positive from it as well, then that's okay too!

Be loving..... nothing else matters.

Be honest......because when you come from an honest place, with not only others but yourself as well, it builds a strong foundation of trust.

Be authentic.......anyone can play dress up and the world is saturated with fake people who only have selfish agendas. Those who try to be better than everyone else, who look down on you for having your own mind and not following the herd.  Being real means being vulnerable, and some people fear that. I don't. It's trusting others I fear. I would much rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not. I am, just as are you, a work in progress. If you are loving and honest, the authenticity of you takes care of itself. :)

Only then is it worth the fight.......When you have all of these things as a driving force in your heart, the fight then has meaning. The fight to be better than you were the day before. The fight some days to just even take one single step forward. The fight to not settle, but to hold out for the love that will be returned by someone who's heart matches yours.

 Loving. Honest. Real.



Goodnight kids.

Be loving.......Be honest......Be authentic............only then is it worth the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment