Monday, July 11, 2011

Shenanigans and Such...

We have a pool out on our deck. The deck itself is rather large, and a great sanctuary. Last week my bestie informed me, "Just so you know your deck is my favorite place on the planet." High praise considering all of the amazing places this world has to offer, and also knowing her office, known as The War Room, is also a great sanctuary. That room is where she writes and often times is the bithplace of our Shenanigans. Speaking of which, had I not been alone outside this afternoon, the following incident would have fallen under that category.

Before I go float in the pool, I clean it out. It only stands about waist on on me, and is really meant for the kids, but GREAT for just chillin in. I turn my mp3 player on and get my much needed dose of vitamin D. This pacific islander's blood needs sun.

Today, I had the net and I was scooping out leaves and dead bugs and whatnot. Leaning over the pool I was determined to get a flower that was quickly floating to the other side of where I was standing. You all know where this is going. I leaned a bit too far, lost my balance and promptly fell into the pool. Thankfully I already had my suit on and there won't be any bruises....as far as I know, but I bruise easily so we'll see. The incident woulda been funny shit had I not been by myself. It is well known that dancers are the clumsiest people on the planet when not on a dance floor.

Moments that make me and Mel laugh or things that we believe will make others laugh, we refer to as Shenanigans. More often than not, said moments are elevated anytime we go on a road trip. Even more so though, is a road trip that involves NKOTB in some way shape or form. When traveling to concerts out of town we normally give a name to our expeditions. Last summer when we went to Hammond, the trip was entitled Project Runaway (You know like Project Runway?). Traveling to Chicago for opening night of the tour was called The Bed Spring Tour, on account we slept on our friends pull out sofa and were almost eaten by the bed springs, and also, the tour started in the Spring.
The title of our boat experience will stay between me and Mel.

This Saturday, we will travel to Kansas City for *my* last concert experience of this tour (Mel will be going to the Columbus show without me). A bit nervous for this one, but I'll keep those reasons to myself as well. I'm also excited though, because not only will I FINALLY be close enough to catch confetti (which is sacred to BH's) we're bringing with us a friend who has not seen a NKOTB show since......1989. This will be quite an experience for her. I can safely say that my first show since the reunion was........life changing.

Anyway, Shenanigans will most likely ensue as this poor woman has never traveled with Lucy and Ethel before. Any prayers you wanna offer up for her to whatever, if any, God's you pray to, I'm sure can't hurt. I'd start now. lol

Although this trip is definitely going to be bittersweet for me, it will not be the end of road trips with my bestie. We have a wedding to go to in Chicago next month, and we'll be back in Chi for Rock the Block 3, and possibly the boat next year, and we're both trying to get our asses back to NYC permanently. Also, I'm planning a BH trip to Italy sometime soon. Hoping it will be an epic turnout. Mel wants to go somewhere this Fall and write for a couple of days, and since I'm always up for anything, that means I'll go with her. Who knows what the future holds, but it's gonna be a helluva good time.

I'm sure I will be blogging during the coarse of this weekend's road trip, that kicks off at 6AM Saturday morning. The title of this trip....... The Lioness, The Bitch, and the Clothes. ;)

1 comment:

  1. LMAO!! I didn't realize we'd decided on a name for this tour yet?!

    ReplyDelete