Thursday, July 21, 2011

Drunk on Happy...

When Mel and I and our friend Brandi (this was Brandi's first concert since 1989!) went to Kansas City over the weekend for my last NKOTBSB concert this tour, I was nervous. I just was, and we'll leave it at that. However, there's nothing like the feeling of walking into an arena.



Well, for me at least. Walking in and walking down to our floor seats and some of the nerves melted away. Then having so many of our friends find us and getting to squeeze the shit out of them started to make it fun.
( Brandi, Me, Mel)



Like my friend Amy who I've nicknamed Peanut on account she reminds me of one of my former dancers.

And a couple of my 5* girls from last yr in Hammond. We were virtual strangers until 6/6/2010 and now they are a part of my world.


Then one of the highlights of my night was the hug from my buddy Earl. He made is way over to me, looked at me as I put my arms around him and said, "You're trouble." I looked up at him (the dude's tall. I'm 5'8" and look at *him* Big dude.) smiled and said, "I'm not trouble I PROMISE. I'm just misunderstood sometimes." He smiled and then as he was walking away from our group said, "Y'all are trouble," looked at me, laughed and said, "Especially YOU." 

Dude's laughin at me. SMH *laughing* He's a good egg. I think we'll keep him.



After the amazing opening set by Midnight Red and after I fell in love with Matthew Morrison *swoon* the lights came down, and the opening sequence started. If I close my eyes, I'm there. The second the guys walked into their spots for I'll Be the One/ Single and the lights came up, in one fell swoop my world had righted itself. My nerves melted away and everything was as right as rain.

There's a moment towards the end of the show when all nine guys introduce each other. It stands to reason that the 'bad boy' of the Backstreet Boys would introduce the 'bad boy' of NKOTB. When Donnie said, "I'm not a 'bad boy' I've just been misunderstood all these years," Don't think I wasn't laughing my ass off at the irony of me having said the same thing to Earl earlier in the night.

Then we followed it up with dancing our asses off and getting all hot and sweaty at Luna.
(I'm not drunk. I'm happy! I got my girls, a dance floor and a killer DJ! It doesn't take much)




Followed by breakfast at Fran's and getting lost on our way back to the hotel. Otherwise known as The Stupid Zone.


Perfect 'moments' for perfect memories, and I continue to be drunk on happy. :)

~Love Eternal






3 comments:

  1. This will always be one of my favorite experiences ever. Thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I changed my mind and decided to go.;) One of the best weekends yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *might* have had an adult beverage or 4 by the time I saw you... ;)

    ReplyDelete