Monday, August 1, 2011

Funny= Sexy

I never had a date to the Prom. I always went with a few friends. We didn't go to dinner before hand, and well, I didn't get that special dance with that special someone. I told you, I was a misfit. The one time I get up the nerve to ask the Captain of the football team and he turns me down because he was gonna take his girlfriend. Which was confusing, because at the time I thought they had broken up. Apparently they got back together to go to Prom. OY! Story of my life.

Instead, I went with my friend Jess, or Mooch, as she was known back then. If you recall she is the one who I went to visit on my second trip to Boston. She was a Danny girl. I still remember how she used to wear the hats that Danny wore back in the day. Classic. Anyway, she wore a mustard colored suit and I wore this Cinderella looking gown. Complete with lace ribbons tied in my hair. I do believe gold lame was involved.  If I find the picture, I'll post it. I know it's around here somewhere. That dress was a big darn deal, because I think we found it on a rack with really expensive dresses and I ended up getting it for $25. Discontinued something rather. But no corsage or flowers or anything, just me and Jess, and the rumormill as to why she was wearing a suit. As if it were a crime.

Good Lord my love life was depressing even back then! LOL

There was a discussion between an old friend and myself, not that long ago about what I find attractive in a guy. What physicalities draw me in before I get a chance to get to know them. My answer? In this order... I notice a guy's smile first. If he has jacked up teeth, it's over before it begins. I have a thing about teeth. lol Followed in *close* second by his eyes, and the third thing I notice about a guy, is his hands. And no it has nothing to do with the size. I can't explain it. It's more like the character of them.

Then I'll notice how he dresses. I love a well dressed man. Followed by how he smells. This is gonna sound funny, but it's the God's honest truth. Cologne gives me a headache. It used to drive me crazy when my ex and I would be out shopping and he'd want a new cologne. I NEVER liked what he wore. He preferred clean scents like Eternity, and...... awwww hell I can't remember now. I would always ask him to get something sweet. I like sweet smelling guys. Isn't the point of wearing cologne to attract females? Nope. It was more important that *he* liked then scent. Well the scent gave me migraines. Should've paid attention to *that* sign. Cripes. Here's the thing, I want to be close to a guy in order to drink him in, not be knocked out by his cologne before he even walks into a room.

I VERY rarely wear perfume, for the same reason. It gives me a headache. I love the scent of my shower gel, and I wear scented lotion, but that's about it. The scarce times I choose to wear perfume, it's Intuition by Este Lauder. If I'm gonna wear perfume, that's my favorite. How did I get on this topic anyway? Oh right, the physicalities of a man that I notice right away. Height plays a factor too, although I'm not *that* picky. I'm pretty tall so I'd like him to not be shorter than me. I also notice how a guy walks. Not attracted to guys who walk on the balls of their feet, or who have a natural turnout. Weird, I know. Posture is a big thing for me too. Can't help it. Being a dancer and all I tend to not like guys who slouch. It's amazing to see a man's confidence in the way he carries himself. It's a turnon.

Keep in mind I notice all of these things in a guy within the first 45 seconds of looking at him. I don't think it's much different when a guy checks a girl out. Could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. lol

If after all is said and done and all those things are present, and you get past all the usual things in common .....well.......then the dude has to make me laugh. A shared sense of humor is a deal breaker.

Funny= sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment