Monday, August 22, 2011

A Tale of Two Eggs...

While the waiter was taking our order at Perkins Saturday night, this happened....

Waiter *to me* : How do you want your eggs?

Mel: *Church laugh*

Me *to Mel*:  SMH Dude.

Waiter *while walking away*: Must be an inside joke.

Me *to waiter*: It always is.

Here is the story behind Mel's Church laugh.

Whenever Mel and I go out dancing we always go to Stix (think, pool tables). I like it because it's smoke free, and you can't have any drinks on the dance floor so it's never sticky or slippery to dance on, and there are monitors at some of the tables and the camera is focused on the floor. It gets to be quite entertaining to watch. Sometimes I want to pop my eyeballs out with a spoon, but I digress.

I still think it would be a great place for an After Party, or a Bday Bash. #justsayin

Anyway, after shakin our groove thang we typically finish the night....err....early morning....with breakfast at Village Inn down the street. One particular outing last summer we were doing just that and lucked out with the best waiter EVER! I must preface this by saying that he was as gay as the day is long. I tell you this because it makes the following conversation *that* much funnier. The laughter began before we even sat down and then? Well, Mel was in rare form.

Ordering our food:

Me: I want the pancake combo. Bacon, extra crispy please, hashbrowns, and a side of white toast. Can I also get a side of sour cream?

Waiter: Of Course! How do you like your eggs?

Mel: Fertilized.

Me *spews coffee* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!


So the order has been placed and we go on about or conversation, of course laughing hysterically at how fast she was *on* that. lol The next thing we know our waiter comes out with a wooden spoon in one hand and a strainer in the other and says....

Waiter: Well, I couldn't find the turkey baster. This is the best I could do.

Both: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pause* *deep breath* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Waiter after laughing with us then goes back to bring us our food. After he walks out of earshot...

Mel: What the hell does he think we were gonna do with a turkey baster?

Me: I don't know, but what the fuck did he think I was gonna do with a STRAINER?!!

Mel: *spews iced tea laughing*

That was a good night. I'm telling you kids, it's never a dull moment when we're a room together. Could be an actual room or a virtual one. It don't matter. lol

It was a very productive day in the grand scheme of things. I think I've got my audition tape for The Voice figured out.

It's either gonna be this one... (Really YouTube with your shitty ass still shot pics? And that was the best of three photo choices. Cripes!)



Or this one...


OR...I'll just put both of them on the disc and let them decide. I put it to a vote tonight on Twitter. Glitter seemed to have edged out Gravity but not by much. I'll burn a disc and overnight it tomorrow. It's gonna feel very heavy in my hands, but once it leaves them and goes off into the hands of whoever, it will be up to them to determine whether or not I'm good enough to make it to the on-camera auditions. We'll see what happens. And if I don't, I don't. It will not make or break me. It could potentially help me go in the direction I want, should, and are meant to go in.

But this, just like everything else is just a step or two on this new journey I'm on since taking the fork in the road of life. It is my path, just as you are on yours. We can never walk *for* each other, but we can walk *with* each other, and so far?

I like this path we're on. :)



1 comment: