Saturday, August 13, 2011

Safe and Sound and in ChiTown...

Mel and I are officially in the Chicago area tonight....errr..this morning. We got in just before 10P.M. and the trip was quite enjoyable. Road trips with my bestie are some of my very favorite things. I am of the mind set that life is ALL about the journey. The good, the bad and the hysterical! :)

It is shaping up to be a weekend of epic proportions, filled with long overdue shenanigans. I still have no Internet back at home, but we are at our friend Tara's house for the night before we head to our hotel in downtown Chi sometime tomorrow, and she has WiFi. I think wandering around killing time before check-in is the plan for tomorrow. Of course thunderstorms are in the forecast and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get to dance in the rain. Rain, on the day of a wedding is actually quite auspicious. Upon realizing the forecast Mel had to clarify with Todd...

Mel: So, how bad will I ruin the dress if it gets wet?

Todd: How wet are we talking?

Mel: Well, it's supposed to rain in Chicago on Saturday and knowing Ann Marie like I do, there *will* be dancing in the rain at some point....AFTER the wedding. lol

Todd: Well as long as you're not in a monsoon and you hang it to dry right away you should be fine.

Mel: Good to know. (To me): So Todd says I should be fine if the dress gets wet.

Me: SCORE!

The hotel we're staying at is just a few blocks away from the wedding so we should be fine walking. If it's raining though we'll take a cab the 3 blocks *to* the wedding. I don't get to dress to the nine's very often and am not that fond of dresses actually, but I am excited to get all dolled up for this event.

My kids go back to school on the 22nd so this will be my last road trip for a while. Definitely sad in my pants about that but, I am confident I'll be on the road or in the air again sooner rather than later. :)  I'm still feeling "off" and haven't been sleeping all that great. *blank stare* Yeah, I know, this is not news. It's been difficult to get comfortable and my lower back has not been happy. There are so many who struggle more than I so I shall not dwell on the negative.

It is late, and I was given a glass of wine upon arrival. I don't normally drink so after about half a glass, my ears got hot and I got sleepy. So, I will go stretch out on the floor, because I'm too tall for the couch. The last time we were here was for opening night of tour and well....this happened... lol

http://www.twitvid.com/B75XX

So needless to say, we've opted out of sleeping on the pullout this time around.  The 6A.M. hour will punch me in the face soon enough, and Tara's little boy will undoubtedly come in and snuggle with me, while we talk about Star Wars and other things his 3 yr old mind speeds through. the last time we were here, he did just that. woke me up by crawling in and hunkering down next to me with his stuffed animal cat named Oliver. Aptly named after his *real* cat named Oliver. We had quite a lovely chat about how I prefer  Han Solo over Luke Skywalker and he didn't see why, because "No way. Luke Skywalker is cooler because he has a light sader." *giggle* I LOVE kids!

With that...I bid you adieu...until the sweet sounds of JK 'doodling' on the piano wake me from a fitful slumber. Having that clip of 'Inside' as my alarm is infinitely better than the stupid antelope ringtone punching me in the face. I'm such a light sleeper that I can hear a pin drop, so all I need to hear is the first few notes and I'm awake, and smiling. :)


It is my FAVORITE song on the whole album. :)

1 comment:

  1. What she doesn't tell you is that while darling E was discussing Star Wars with her, I was snoring like a lumberjack on the other side of the bed and missed the ins-and-outs of Luke vs. Han. (The fact that I had to ask if it was Han or Hans should tell you that I didn't really "miss" it.)

    Good times.

    Now...off to rub my bestie's back to ease those damn kidneys a bit.

    ReplyDelete