Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Life Requirement...

The last two nights I have failed to post a blog. Surely they have not been missed right? lol Friday was busy with work in the morning and then taking my kids to the Iowa State Fair. Mel went with us as we traipsed around the various buildings and exhibits. Stopping of course for root beer, lemonade, chocolate chip cookies, water, hot lips (Mel's favorite), and red velvet funnel cake. I think that's all the junk we picked up along the way.

We also stopped in the Cultural Center for this...

http://www.twitvid.com/BOSUR

Afterwards we decided we'd had enough of the Fair and left to go eat "real" food for dinner. It was a long day and at around 2am I crashed hard for about 3 hours. Then tossed and turned until I had to get out of bed to take my kids school supply shopping. That did not go so well. For some reason I had NO patience. The level was at zero. It happens every great once in a while but very rarely. An hour later and we decided to grab some lunch before I had to go to work. I decided to finish shopping on Sunday while my kids were at their Dad's. I was glad I did, because after work (where I found my patience by the way) Saturday night, I went across the parking lot to Target and picked up most of the rest of it. There was absolutely no one in the Back to School section. SCORE!

I couldn't get *everything* though because Target was closing and giving me the boot. So, I went home, changed and headed to Mel's where Shenanigans inevitably ensued. At around 2AM I decided I was hungry. For those that know me, this is not news. That's usually the time when I get hungry. lol So, we hopped in the car and found ourselves a Perkins where we ended up in search of teeth. Don't ask. Not important. *insert Mel's laughter here*

Then, on the way back to her house I ended up jackin up the lyrics to Queen of the Night. Again...totally not important....but the new song title is Chef of the Night just to let you know. When we were pulling into Mel's driveway the song California Gurls by Katy Perry came on, and we changed the words, unintentionally singing the exact same thing. So, us being...well...us...decided it was a good time to rewrite the entire thing. It took us from roughly about 4:30AM til 7:30AM to finish it, but the end result was worth it. We laughed our *asses* off writing this.

Enjoy!




Is it possible to have too much fun? Me thinks not. That should be a life requirement. "You are only aloud entry into this world if you can bear the weight of the world on your shoulders and also have way too much FUN! GO!"

Life can be daunting, and trying, and heart breaking, but every single moment is worth it if you can also do things that make you happy and surround yourself with people you love. Don't be afraid to live your life outloud. There will be people who will try to stop you from doing just that, because of their own insecurities. Do not let them. Easier said than done I know, and there will always be moments of doubt. It's okay. It means you're human. Take the moments as they come and then let them pass. Do not dwell on the negative.

Do not surround yourself with negative people. They are toxic and will steal your sun. Let only those who bring you happiness more than pain into your life. Those who will catch you when you fall will also lift you til you fly. I only hope they feel I do the same.

Every day my wish for you is that it bring you joy. :)

One who LOVES slow and steady,
and LAUGHS readily,
LIVES a life that is full and bright.
With no worry of tomorrow,
 or any of life's sorrow,
but is lead instead
 in a dance of light.

My words. ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment