Thursday, August 11, 2011

High Heels and Winky Wheels

My apologies for not having written in a few days, but the internet has been down. Mom seems to have gotten a wild hair and decided she was going to repaint the living room, the dining room and the kitchen. Consequently, the house has been torn apart. Furniture moved, internet down, etc. For those who don’t know, I live with my parents. When we moved back from Minneapolis, I moved in with them as a way to be closer to Mom should anything happen to my Dad. He was going through dialysis and getting ready for a kidney transplant.

Then, the morning after RCMH……they were my safety.

Now, it just works for us. As much as I work and travel, they are here to take care of my kids when I need to go out of town. Besides, it’s not like I’m bringing guys home. They have a suite downstairs and the kids and I have the upstairs. I don’t plan on changing this living arrangement until I move to NYC. 

My shoulder still smarts from pulling it the other day. Not sure exactly *how* I managed to do this, but it’s similar to not knowing how I get bruises in the oddest places.
The sunburn I got on Saturday from being at the waterpark all day is slowly turning into just a darker version of me and hurts a little less today. Work has been busy and today’s group of kids let out a scream that was NKOTB concert worthy. It was glorious. And I’m being serious. It was. 

It’s 1a.m. and I’m currently sitting at my dining room table as Mel is getting the finishing touches put on her gown for the wedding. It’s gorgeous! Our friend Todd is AMAZING. I love him dearly and am happy he’s here. He flew in from NYC today and will fly out tomorrow. He’s running on fumes and as soon as he’s done with the dress, he will then cut my hair. Todd started as an AMAZING hairstylist and then switched gears and jumped into the world of fashion design. He’s AMAZING at that too! Of course you haven’t seen anything until you see him in drag. The bitch is BEAUTIFUL and his voice is “like a combination of Fergie and….Jesus.”

My dress is short and it’s black. That’s all ya get for a hint. Lol We will record our Shenanigans and twitvid ourselves in our dresses before we go to the wedding. Once we’re there however, nada. No phones, no cameras, which for me to not be able to tweet may in fact kill me. Mel, not being able to take pictures, what with her being a photographer and all, may in fact kill *her*. Our saving grace will be watching our friend marry her perfect match and being witness as the pieces of her family finally fall into place.  We do not take this lightly. We are grateful to be a part of it, and it's an honor to know her. Real knows real.

I just hope there’s a cute boy I can dance with. I’m kinda tired of dancing alone. Truth.

However, if he tries to dry hump me on the dance floor, I will take my heels and kick him in the winky wheels. #justsayin







No comments:

Post a Comment