Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No Thrill or Blueberry Hill....

Sunday was crazy busy at work. They tend to be very unpredictable, and the last few have been quiet so we weren't quite expecting to be that busy. In the middle of my day I was checking a guy in with his two kids. Here is what happened....

Him: I like your haircut.

Me: Thank you!

Him: *looks down at my hand as I write*: And you're single. That's good!

Me: *giggle snort*

Him: That's not funny.

Me *laughing* Yes....it is.

He comes through the archway and his kids go to put their shoes in the cubbies.

Him: You smell good.

Me: *blink* You like the smell of chicken nuggets and pizza?

Him: I could eat you up.

Me *in my head* Swell.

He gets led away by his kids. I think he might've taken a bath in cologne. The quickest way to turn me off is to wear an over powering cologne. Cologne and perfume give me headaches. A little while later he comes up to the concession stand.

Him: Beautiful! Can I get a bottle of water?

Me: Yup!

Him: Why are you single? You should not be single.

Me: *smiles* Single, but spoken for.

Him: Forget him, you should let me take you out.

Me: I don't think he'd like that very much.

Him: Forget him. It would be ore fun with me.

Me: *smiling* Nope. Not a chance.

Him: I'm better than that guy. Whoever he is.

Me: Oh honey, no one compares to him.

Him: Think about it. ;)

Me: *laughing*

He's quite a persistent fella, I'll give him that. After I turned him down he then hit on one of my part timers. She's SEVENTEEN! That's NOT okay! Dude was back in tonight.

Him: Beautiful how are you?

Me: I'm fantastic! How are you guys?

Him: I will be much better when I take you to dinner.

Me: I'm flattered, but like I said the other day, I'm spoken for.

Him: Not for long. You will see.

Me: *laughing* Nope. You will see....that not happening.

Him: You're a funny one aren't you?  You make me laugh. This is good as well.


I got busy doing other things, and didn't give him a chance to "talk" to me again. This whole scenario would be the exact opposite of how to "pick me up". First of all, I can't *be* picked up. I don't work that way. Second of all, I'm pretty sure he'd hit on anything with two legs.

In a slightly related note, if I have one more person tell me I look like Halle Berry I will scream. It's flattering to be compared to her, but how about telling Halle she looks like *me* for a change huh?! Cripes.  lol I guess it could be worse. They *could* say I look like *Chuck* Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment