Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Can KIIIICCCCKK and I Can STRRREETCCCH....I'm THIS many!

Today was a pretty good day. BSC changed her account after deleting her other ones this morning, then promptly made the attempt to start another one, thus furthering the belief that she is in fact BSC. It's sad really. *sigh* moving on...

I had the day off from work, and spent it doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and taking my kids to their open houses. They go back to school on Monday thank the Goddesses. It has been a short Summer for them but they are more than ready to go back. Handsome, made the honor roll all four quarters last year, I found out today, and if you were around at all during this last year you will know he struggled.

He was not present. His Father and I were in the middle of our divorce and he was still adjusting to life as he now knew it. Summer was good for him. He had a chance to relax and sink into the "new" every day, without the stress and pressure of Middle School. I've heard it can be a difficult transition for kids. I went to a private Catholic School where K-8 were all in one building so I didn't have the experience he did.  This year looks very promising for him though as all of his classes are in close proximity to each other. Getting to class on time was a struggle for him. He likes to move on what we affectionately refer to as "Brandon Time." If you try to rush him, he gets easily frazzled and his temper rears it's ugly head.

Rabbit on the other hand is a straight A student and will have no problem with school itself. She has a tendency to be a bit too social which can distract her, but when it comes to learning she's like a sponge. She soaks it all in. I am VERY blessed to have two bright and gifted kids.

Tonight, I worked on the routine I was hired to choreograph. I got formations done and a general idea of what I want it to look like. The question then becomes whether or not the dancers have the training to execute my vision. It always changes. Until the final count (or if you're me sound effect) has been laid down, it will change and progress.

I can't wait though. It's been WAY too long since I've had a chance to do what I was trained to do. I've been busy with my other job which is good because it helps keep my mind distracted from other things. The downside to that is I get so busy doing shit I forget I need to get out of Corn Country. I also need to get my submission in to The Voice before the 26th. I keep forgetting to burn the DVD, fill out my form and send it.

Handsome said to me today, "MOM! It would be SO cool if you made it on to the show! CRAZY COOL!" to which I responded, "It'd be crazy alright." We'll shall see what happens with that. In the meantime I need to get back to searching for work out East. It's time. It's beyond time. Like 15 years beyond time....but we know this.

So it's GO TIME! Every day I will do a little more to move forward in that direction. I turn 37 next month but we refer to it as "35 and holding". It had been "29 and holding" until Mel and I decided that neither one of us wants to go back to our 20's. Ever. *sings* Time keeps on slippin, slippin...I am 36 and have earned every single scar, visible or otherwise. I am finally learning to be happy being *me*. When I was in my 20's I was too busy being something I wasn't. I got married the weekend after I turned 22 and had my son the summer before I turned 25.

Just like everyone, I am finding my way. Feeling through the ins and outs of my own skin and relishing in the idea that I'm okay just the way I am and those who are meant to be in my life will be, because of and in spite of all I am. Scary shit right there. It's also been a treat to find my inner child again. She's fun as hell! Just ask Mel! *insert "nasty giggle"* Hey that rhymed! lol She's out now, and should anyone try to stifle her again, they will get a kick to the shin followed by a "Kiss my GRITS!" Before I run away laughing.

This life has just begun and I cannot wait to see where I'm goin next! Of course, I have a lot of growin up to do still. I learned that the other day in my fort. Cuz I'm THIS many! I'll race ya to the swings, but I'm gonna warn you right now....I'm wicked fas.....GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment