Monday, August 15, 2011

Dear Universe.....CATCH!

It was a long weekend. Busy, exhausting, beautiful and so much FUN! The drive to Chicago was filled with much needed laughter and an impromptu songwriting session. THAT was fun. If you follow us on Twitter you already know all about it. If you don't... start here... http://www.twitvid.com/DHTV8 then watch this to hear our 'shout out'...


Then go here to see Mel's first response....

http://www.twitvid.com/CWIIQ

Then watch this for our final response...


It took us a while to get the lyrics the way we wanted. lol The process was hilarious. She would play the original song and I would change the lyrics and we'd play it back, I'd sing and she'd say, "Stop singing! I have to type these out! YOU have the mind like a steel trap. *I* do not. Stop singing you're messing me up!" Of course when it came time to actually record the vid....well, that's when the real fun began. lol

Me *stops camera*: We gotta do it again.

Mel: Why?!

Me: Cause I jacked up the lyrics. Gotta do it again.

Mel: Fine! But you gotta get out and get my spoons.

I can't tell you how many times I got out of the car to open the lift gate and get her spoons. At one point I said, "These people are gonna start wondering if this is Groundhogs Day for as many times as I have gotten out to get your spoons. lol"

Definitely a time waster that resulted in a good time. :)

We got into St. Charles around 10pm, making pretty decent time considering we spent about 45 minutes playing the Dekalb Oasis Center. Had a great night of convo with our friend Tara, who was gracious enough to take us in for the night. Same place we stayed for the Bed Spring Tour vid. Once again I was greeted in the morning by E their 3 yr old son. This time instead of the all important Star Wars debate, he came flying into the room, landing on a pillow that was resting across my stomach. I woke up with an "OOOMMPH". I had a lot of fun playing games with E. Can't wait to do it again! Tara and her husband B are SO great and I love that family dearly.

After a mornin of chillaxin we headed into Chicago to our hotel. We literally got checked in, got ready and headed around the corner to the wedding. It was worth the $5 in cab fair to keep Mel's one-of-a-kind dress as dry as possible. It was raining when we went to the wedding. Sadly it had stopped by the time we left, so there was no dancing in the rain for me. :(

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL. Intimate and perfect. I was fine until the first song started playing. Then the tears started. They *really* fell when Sherri's son Jeffrey was up with her and Sal and they poured sand from two different containers into one, to symbolize the uniting of their family. OY! I was a mess. Even Mel said, "I was mostly fine til I looked over at YOU and saw you crying."

When a guy said to me before the reception, "You guys are gonna dance right cuz I'm ready to get my groove on. You know, do what it do," I simply smiled and said, "You'll know where to find me."

Mel said to me after he walked away, "I figure you don't tell people, at these kinds of things." To which I replied, " Nope." She then said, "If you're a dancer you show them you don't tell them." I smiled at her and said, "Yup."

A little while later the same guy pulled me onto the dance floor, and lasted approximately 3 very upbeat songs before taking his handkerchief out of his pocket, wiping his forehead and saying to me, "Damn girl! You made me look GOOD! But I can't keep up!" Mel then joined me on the floor for a bit. lol

Sadly, I didn't catch the bouquet. Who cares if I may have positioned myself toward the back of the crowd of single ladies. Not MY fault Sherri doesn't have an arm! Yeesh! ;) Mel was very disappointed when I got back to the table. lol She's already got a wedding toast in the works for me. *blank stare* Someday in a far off dream Sis....Someday.

Sherri was SO beautiful. That's really all I'm gonna say about the wedding, until after her special airs on the Style network. I think the date it airs is September 12th. You should watch, you may see us a couple of times. Maybe on the dance floor a little. lol

The next morning we had brunch with Sherri and Sal and the gang, and had a chance to chat a bit. That was good. Afterwards we killed some time and went for a walk. There we were mindin our own self bidness when guess who we happen to find? That's right kids, Millie. Mel found her frakkin pigeon. SMH Cripes.

Then we went to the Emerald Loop, which is this little Irish Pub in Chicago that has the most amazing Mac and Cheese!

http://www.twitvid.com/U8IJQ

We then spent the rest of the afternoon in great conversation with Mel's friend, my *new* friend, Kaleem. Great guy! Former Marine, who now runs a homeless shelter. A humble servant with a great heart.

Driving home was loooonnngggg. It didn't help that I've been feeling off and was really tired. Not sleepy, my body just had *no* energy. We had a little fun rewriting NKOTB- Wanna Be Loved by You.

"Hi, I'm Jon..and I'm a Sagi-crabbyass" SMH *laughing* sometimes I crack myself up. Mel rewriting Jordan's verse was the funniest shit EVER! Pretty sure the toll booth operator thought we were drunk we were laughing so hard.

Anyway, after a disappointing first experience for me at Steak n Shake, we finally rolled into town after midnight. I didn't call it a night until around 2, then I was back in the 'real' world on a conference call and squeezing my kids tight. This is my last road trip for a little while. I go to choreograph the dance team I was hired by on the 27th. It's not far and it's a day trip so that doesn't really count. lol

The cruise was announced today. Too much to go into about the last cruise. I told everyone this morning that I have no plans at this time to cruise. Of course given what happened this last cruise, no one believes me. lol

Here's the thought behind it. Mel and I went into the last cruise with NO expectations. We were on the boat and that's all that mattered. We had such an AMAZING time! We feel that because of our last experience we will now go into it with certain expectations that will not be met and we want to end on a high note. Happy with the time and the moments we had with those we love.

Here's the thing though....a LOT of life can happen between now and then so I will stay open minded as always.Wahlberg tweeted "Many seas will be crossed" next year.

I have never been to the Philippines and going to the province where my Mother was from is one thing I MUST do before I leave this earth. It's on my Fearless list. You know the one I haven't 'officially' created. Not exactly sure how I would swing it, but I'll worry about that when the time comes. Of course I have a few Aussie friends that would prefer I go see *them*. ;) That being said, If they go to the Philippines.....I'm going with them. Yup. Just throwing that out into the universe.

Dear Universe.....CATCH!






2 comments:

  1. I won't believe that you aren't going on the cruise until I get on it and you aren't there. I wanted to strangle you last year for being in Miami and still missing my birthday! :P AND You made me cry in public! lol ... *side eye* ...

    Love you so much!
    Happy Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete