Monday, September 5, 2011

Two Cans and a String......

When I was a kid, I had more friends that were boys than I had friends that were girls. They were more fun to be around, had more of my same interests and were just easier to talk to. When I hit puberty that changed..... a little. I had less friends all around. I was, and still am a misfit. As I get older, I become more and more content with that knowledge. I have very few that I let get close. I'm quite friendly, but there's a difference ya know?

Communication is a HUGE thing for me. I intensely dislike to be talked over. It's a bully move, and pisses me off.  I don't debate for this very reason. Have I ever talked over someone? Yes. Am I proud of that? No. Has it ever been in general conversation? No. In a fight? Yes. I'm not what you would call an 'opinionated person'. However, if I feel strongly about something.....you'll know.

I don't like to be talked down to. Who does? If someone makes me feel stupid, belittles me- *especially* in public- or dismisses me like a child, I can promise you they'll only get away with it once. I have learned the hard way to never let that happen again. Ever.

It seems to me that women have an issue communicating with each other when it involves confrontation. I abhor it. I avoid it at all costs, BUT, if I have wronged someone, or said something that they took offense to, I want to know. I want to be able to fix it. To right whatever I did wrong. Take for instance that lady the other night who said I should be fired. After the mad rush of people checking in I went to look for her on the floor, so I could explain my confusion in what she needed the band for, but she was nowhere to be found.

I have a big issue with people being mad at me. I don't like it, and I ALWAYS want to fix it. Now, when someone doesn't allow me to do that, there's nothing I can do but accept it. It will stick in my paw like a thorn, but eventually I'll have no choice but to let it, and perhaps them, go. If you don't like me for whatever assumptions you have about me without actually getting to know me or spend any "real" time with me, then that's *your* issue and I shall carry on about my day no worse for wear.

However, I will always seek the chance to right my wrong. If you have a problem with me, then I expect you to do the adult thing and Talk. To. Me. I don't like gossip. If you have an issue with someone, address it with them. I will listen, but then, my advice will be, "Talk to them." I have NO use for a grapevine. None. So, if you're looking for the, "OMG did you hear that so and so did this, and so and so said that" you got the *wrong * chick kids.

This blog isn't about anyone specific. I don't have an issue with anyone. If I did, I'd be taking it up with them. Unless, of course you're just plain Bat Shit Crazy, and have like 10 Twitter accounts and 15 names, then I just shake my head and walk away. I've just been seein some ish on Twitter lately that makes me want to just walk away from the whole thing.

It goes back to my whole thing about being loving and honest and authentic. Whatever happened to the art of conversation? A smile? A look? A touch of a hand? A hug? A laugh? I have said this before, but it's SO true. Nowadays, with texting and emailing and BBMing and IMing.....it's all open to interpretation and perception. Without hearing the sound and inflection in someones voice, or seeing the look in their eyes or their body language, SO much can get lost.

Bottom line is this.......just.........talk to me.  I'll be right here.......chillin...........in my fort. Use the can at the bottom of the tree and I'll send the rope ladder down so you can climb up....and if you're lucky......I'll share my cookies. ;)

1 comment: