Sunday, September 18, 2011

Today...

I spent most of Today off of Twitter. Finding that when I woke up I really had very little to contribute to that particular world. I got lost in my continuing Psych marathon and was quite content in laying in my bed laughing. It was a much needed reprieve from my reality.

Then I took my kids out to lunch and just enjoyed being near them. Enjoyed being "present" in their lives. Came back home so they could get ready to go to their Dad's for the weekend. After they left, I watched two more epi's of Psych then took a 20 minute "nap" in preparation for the rest of my evening. 10 minutes into my 20 minute nap I got up and got into the shower, too restless to sleep.

My birthday was this past Thursday and we kicked off the celebration by going out for an evening of Karaoke Wednesday night. We each sang one song, then Mel lost her patience waiting for another turn at the mic so we left and went to IHop. On my actual birthday I worked, came home and flew into Mommy mode. Cleaned my bathroom and made dinner for the kids.

My bestie and I went to dinner tonight,  where I enjoyed a lovely steak, and great conversation then went to the "club" we normally go to so we could hit the floor. I suspect she went to appease me, as she loves to dance but hates clubs. I love her for going with and for me.

It is now 3:25 A.M. and in a few hours we will be on our merry way to the Annual Walk for PKD. I am in complete awe of those who not only took the time to help me spread awareness but by the supreme generosity of those who were able to donate. Especially when someone donated an odd amount leading us to the conclusion she donated everything she had left in her account. :*) I am SO humbled and SO moved. Our little team of two has raised over 44% of the city's goal...10x's the amount my team raised last year. All I can say is thank you. THANK you. THANK YOU.

Even in the stress of this last week, I have found time to lose myself and give my mind a bit of a reprieve. I have covered a lot of ground, literally, at work and by walking tomorrow....errr...Today. I have spent time being "present" for my children. I have spent time with my bestie which always restores my spirit. She is the yang to my yin. The snark and impatience that counters my calm and patience. ;) And I had a chance to hit the floor and dance which is where I am most at home. Now? Now I'm gonna eat this here ravioli my bestie just made and carb up to get me through these next few hours.


1 comment:

  1. I love the shit out of you...and thank you for not becoming irritated at my snark and impatience. :)

    ReplyDelete