Monday, September 26, 2011

The Sweet Intangible...

Two blog topics tonight. First.... about my beliefs on the intangible. My tweet numbers hit 88,888 tonight, which got me thinking about the significance of the number 8 which then got me thinking about how my Mom was superstitious. She was one of those people who carried a rabbit's foot key chain. There are many superstitions in the Filipino culture that she grew up with and although I am not quite the extremist she was, I do have a strong belief in the intangible. I'm also a realist which is slightly contradicting. lol

I may  love to jump into a world of 'pretend' (a phrase coined by my bestie when talking about her writing) it can't be helped, I'm a dreamer. *shrug* It's in my genetic makeup. Believe me when I tell you my feet are firmly planted on the ground. I think to be able to have both, not only makes life more exciting, but it gives hope to situations where it seems there isn't any. Someone had mentioned the other day after reading about me and PKD that they had no idea and Mel said, "That's because she's really good at downplaying all the bad shit in her life." There are far too many in this world worse off than I am, for me to dwell on the bad shit.


While I have the freedom to make my own choices and decisions, I also think that in the end there is a reason for everything that happens. I believe in symbols, I believe in fate, I believe in timing, I believe in soulmates, I believe in true love and I believe....



Moving on to my second topic of the night.....my nicknames. lol I got into a discussion tonight with a friend about one of the names I answer to, which led me to tell him about another which led me to think that there may not be people who know the reason behind them. So, here goes....

Mel has called me Cheese from the moment I met her. Her reasons are different then why others call me that. I was "dubbed" that nickname many many moons ago because of the one who I have always been told I am most like in personality. (For the record...it has never been Cheez. Ever.) He's a bit more stubborn than I am though. *raising eyebrow* Which is hard, because I'm pretty frakkin stubborn. It's totally fine. I sing better. ;p lol

The reasons others call me by that name is because it was shortened from Cheesecake. I have a LOVE for this delectable dessert. Also, when I was little I had a tendency to mug for the camera. When I walked across the stage to get my diploma you could hear my entire family yell CHEEEESSSSSEEECAAAKKKEE!!!! Comedy. My family thought Mel just shortened it to Cheese, we didn't feel the need to explain otherwise. lol

I also go by A.M.....for obvious reasons. It's easier then saying Ann Marie. People get my name wrong all the time anyway. They call me Emery, Emily, or Mary Ann. Sometimes Avery. *smh* There's no 'E' at the end of Ann and it's not hyphenated. I answer to Ann but NEVER call me Annie or I'll punch you in the winky wheels. #justsayin

I will also answer to Dancer.......but my Lobster is the only one who calls me that.....coming from anyone else it just doesn't sound quite as sweet. ;)

1 comment: