Friday, November 11, 2011

Rabbit's Descriptive Essay....

The other night my daughter was working on her homework and I said, "Whatcha workin on Rabbit?"

"My person of interest descriptive essay," she said.

"What's it about?"

"You."

"Oh!"

She turned and asked me if I'd like to hear it when she was done.

When I am pulled in 8 different directions, my kids stop me in my tracks and remind me that I matter, if no one else...to them. And that in whatever decisions I have made and will make, I know I'm doing something right as a parent.

The essay....including outline....


Descriptive Essay
I.                   Introduction
a.      My mommy’s name is Ann Marie, obviously.
b.     She was born on September 15, 1974, in South Carolina.
c.      On the Chinese zodiac, she’s a tiger  (I think).
d.     Her hair is black, short, and spikey, she has brown eyes, and is very talented.
e.      Let me tell you about her talents.
II.                Body
a.      Best mommy ever
                                                              i.      Loves and cares for my brother and I
                                                           ii.      Sometimes she spoils me
                                                         iii.      I can tell her anything and she’ll listen and give advice
b.     Dancing
                                                              i.      Has taught for more than 5 yrs.
                                                           ii.      She has a specialty in hip-hop
                                                         iii.      Likes to dance with me
c.      Singing
                                                              i.      Is very good at it
                                                           ii.      Practices and records a lot
                                                         iii.      Tried out for “ The Voice “
III.             Conclusion
a.      Well, those are my mommy’s talents!
b.     Do you think she’s talented?
c.      Well, I do and I’m very proud she’s my mommy.
d.     You’re sort of jealous, right?
Ann Marie
            My mommy’s name is Ann Marie, obviously. She was born on September 15, 1974, in South Carolina. On the Chinese zodiac, she’s a tiger (I think). Her hair is black, short, and spikey, her eyes are a dark brown, and she’s very talented. Let me tell you about some of her talents. J

            What she does best is being the best mommy ever. She loves and cares about my brother and I unconditionally. Sometimes she spoils me, but that’s usually my grandma’s work. J Last but not least, I can tell her anything and she’ll listen and give me advice.

            Another one of her talents is dancing. When we lived in Hudson, Wisconsin, she taught at a dance studio for more than 5 yrs. She’s also been great at all types of dance, but hip-hop is her specialty, believe it or not. Sometimes she’ll turn on music in the afternoon, and we’ll dance.

            Last but not least, boy can she sing!!! Her voice is like an angel! She practices everyday whether or not it’s in the car or when she’s doing the dishes. When she likes a song, she’ll practice, record, and post it on you tube. There’s a show called “The Voice” that my mommy tried out for next season, but she didn’t make it. Those of you that have been to my house are surprised, I bet.

Well, those are my mommy’s talents! Do you think she’s talented? Well, I guess you can’t form an opinion until you have seen her do her thing herself. Anyway, I ‘m very glad she’s my mommy. You’re jealous, right?      

No comments:

Post a Comment