Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Love Story WILL Be...

Not too long ago I was sitting at my bestie's house and we were watching movies and eating junk food. I had rented For Colored Girls and Burlesque the night before and brought them over. Hindsight we should have watched For Colored Girls first because we could've used the pick me up Burlesque surely would've provided. Not to say that For Colored Girls was bad. On the contrary, it was quite good! Just intense and at times difficult to watch. I can safely say that it is the only movie I've ever had to close my eyes during a certain scene, and even hearing it made me cry.

Burlesque was cute! I loved Cher, thought Christina did a good job and ADORE Stanley Tucci! There was a part in the movie where Christina's character finally ends up with the "nice guy" and there's scene we watched which initiated this conversation...

Me:  I want that. That never happens of course, but I want it.I

Mel: Yes it does.

Me: No it doesn't.

Mel: Yes it does.

Me: Not like that, with THAT.

Mel: Oh, well...

Me: I want THAT.

Mel: But what specifically?


It wasn't until tonight that I realized what "specifically" was. I want a guy who is not afraid to go after me and pursue me regardless of what anyone else thinks. I want the mistakes and the sacrifices and the giving up and letting go and the detours and heartache only to realize that in the end they were always meant to be together.

I want the passion and live out loud kind of LOVE. I want a guy who will love me for ME, flaws and all. I want a guy like Noah...and I won't settle for anything less, because to ME, that's how love should be.






P.s.- If he could also look like Ryan Gosling I'd totally be okay with that. Or.... my Lobster. #justsayin

1 comment: