Wednesday, May 29, 2013

69 Facts About Me...

This is a hashtag that was trending on Twitter and I decided to just blog it, so I don't go to Twitter jail. It was  a hard list to come up with, since I can't see anyone wanting to know any of this crap. I did it anyway. lol Enjoy!

#1) I’m left handed.  However, the only things I do with my left hand are write, eat and shoot. Everything else I do right handed. (Cut, throw, etc.)

#2) I was born on Shaw Air Force base in Sumter, SC

3#) I went to kindergarten in Wiesbaden, Germany where we lived for 6 yrs.

#4) Purple and orange are my favorite colors. I love how they blend 
seamlessly in the sky at the end of a day.

#5) I love super heroes. Captain America is my favorite Marvel hero and Batman is my favorite DC hero.

#6) I played little league baseball as a kid. I was the ONLY girl on the team.

#7) When I was 18, I auditioned to be a Playboy bunny. Made it to the local top 10 auditions before I backed out. The idea that my Dad and brothers might see the pictures made me change my mind about going any further.

#8) I like to climb trees but am afraid of heights. Yeah, I don’t get it either. Lol

#9) I can’t eat spicy food.  I have a very sensitive palette and if I take one bite of anything spicy, I can’t taste anything for the rest of the day.

#10) I love to fish, but haven’t been in many years. My dad and I used to go in my grandpa’s fishin’ boat at 4am when the water’s like glass. I think it’s where I became enamored with being awake late at night into the wee small hours of morning.

#11) I spent 12 years in Catholic school, but once Dad remarried we spent more time in the Lutheran Church. Gloria Dei. Johnston, IA where they got married. 

#12) The rosary I’m holding in my NOH8 picture is the one I went to go get from my Mom the night she was murdered.

#13) I have polycystic kidney disease.

#14) I’m half Filipino and the rest of me is a stubborn German with an Irish temper. It actually takes a LOT to make me angry, but when It happens…run. Lol

#15) I have a younger sister, two older half-sisters (one I have never met) and two younger step brothers.

#16) I love to see brightly colored flowers, but never like getting flowers from anyone because watching them die makes me too sad.

#17) I used to sit in my Dad’s workshop alone for hours, listen to music and build model airplanes as a kid.

#18) I managed the varsity football team in high school. I still love football. 

#19) Valentine’s Day is my least favorite holiday, because I don’t believe that you should wait for a special occasion to tell/show people how much you love them. 

#20) I had another older sister who died when she was 3 months old. Her name was Anna Lisa. I am her namesake. Her grave was swept away during a volcano eruption in the Philippines. My Father never speaks of her.

#21) I hit like a dude.

#22) My first job was as a waitress in a Chinese restaurant when I was 13 years old. My Grandparents on my Dad’s side helped me get the job. I looked like I could be related to the owners so no one ever questioned it. I’ve been working ever since.

#23) I haven’t had a soda since last October.

#24) I do crossword puzzles in pen.

#25) I’m a dog lover but have nothing against cats.

#26) I don’t watch much TV.

#27) I  once played the ditsy character, “Poopsie”, in a stage production of Pajama Game, but the director told me, “ You need to use your sex appeal to play this character because no one is going to believe you’re ‘ditsy’”.

#28) People always judge me before they get to know me.

#29) I’m a night owl AND a morning person. It’s between the hours of 3-5PM when I’m pretty much useless. Lol

#30) Making chocolate chip cookies from scratch is one of my specialties.

#31) I almost always feel cold.

#32) Being near water is my favorite thing in the entire world. Although, I could also watch a fire dance for hours too. 

#33) I am perpetually 6yrs old.

#34) I don’t like whipped cream. At ALL.

#35) I don’t like chocolate cake.

#36) I wear glasses at night when I drive, or when my eyes are really tired, 
but don’t need them otherwise.

#37) I have a collection of Christmas teddy bears kept in storage bins.

#38) My family forgot my 16th birthday because it surrounded my older sister's first wedding. Sadly, I never got Jake Ryan.

#39) When the kids were really little, I had an opportunity to sign and model for Elite Modeling agency’s Plus Size division (I fluctuate between a size 10&12, but that’s considered plus size for some stupid reason), but it required I move to NYC, and my (now ex) husband refused to move us and the kids because he didn’t believe I was pretty enough to get any work. So I had to let go of yet another dream. 

#40) I don’t drink and have never been drunk.

#41) I don’t smoke.

#42) I don’t have a favorite movie.

#43) I graduated from high school one of the youngest in my class.

#44) My nickname is Cheese, and has been for years, for more than one reason and none of them have to do with gas. ;)

#45) I used to have a giant poster of Freddy Krueger above my bed, in my pre-teen years, because I thought he was hilarious and not scary.

#46) I don’t like horror movies. Real life is scary enough for me.

#47) When I was going through my divorce I worked 3 jobs, including delivering newspapers in the middle of the night. I am a workhorse. 

#48) My brain is a virtual jukebox. It has music constantly playing on rotation.

#49) I love all music except for death metal and some classic rock rubs my ears the wrong way.

#50) I love hard and with everything I have. I don’t do anything halfway.

#51) Idle and I are not friends. I prefer to always be moving.

#52) I hate shopping.

#53) I’m 5’8” tall and my legs are 42” long from hip to toe.

#54) I have ridiculously high arches and wear a size 10 shoe.

#55) Nat King Cole is my favorite crooner.

#56) I truly believe that my bestie is one of the smartest people I have ever 
known .

#57) I don’t like raisins unless they’re in Raisin Bran.

#58) I’m both a coffee AND a tea drinker.

#59) I sucked my thumb until I was 7.

#60) I’m a hugger. Like, full 20 second, hug love back into you kinda hugger. Ask anyone who’s hugged me. They’ll tell you.

#61) I learn and retain things wicked fast.

#62) I don’t like a lot of sauce on my food.

#63) The smell of cologne/perfume gives me a headache and am not attracted 
to guys who wear it. I don’t wear any perfume, only scented lotion.

#64) I suffer from Seasonal depression.

#65) I like square shaped jewelry as opposed to circle and I don’t like gold.

#66) It Is virtually impossible to surprise me.

#67) I have never had a dance partner who truly knows how to lead.

#68) I dance in the rain every chance I get and have been doing so since I was in first grade.

#69) When I was 18, I won a karaoke contest, for singing “Independence Day” by Martina McBride. The prize was a studio recording session in Nashville. I never cashed in the prize. 




No comments:

Post a Comment