Monday, January 2, 2012

Cream Cheese Cupcakes....

A departure from my normal blogs, a request has been made for my Cream Cheese Cupcake recipe with Cream Cheese frosting. The scent of the Red Velvet Cupcake candle my bestie gave me for Christmas had me wanting cupcakes. So.....I made some.

Enjoy!


Cream Cheese Cupcakes

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 8oz block of cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup half and half

Cream the butter and sugar. Add block of cream cheese and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the first mixture. Alternating with the milk. Fill well-greased muffin pans or paper baking cups 1/3 full. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen

Frosting:

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.

1 comment:

  1. And you're saving me one for Coffee on Wednesday, yes?

    ReplyDelete